- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Cyber Security Consultant
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food, and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces to deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
You will be based out of the location listed above in the advert, however, DE&S supports Smarter working, which empowers you to make decisions about when, where and how you work.
We are excited to be expanding our Internal Technical Support (ITS) team and are seeking a Cyber Security Consultant with a combination of technical ability and a passion for Cyber Security to join us!
Working within this challenging and fast-moving environment, We offer great opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge to build a career in Cyber including training opportunities and a structured career path
The Cyber Security team within ITS specifically provide specialist security and information assurance support to projects including the Chinook, Future Combat Air System, A400M Atlas, various Maritime platforms and Land based communications. You will provide guidance and advice on areas such as: information risk management, architecture development, security accreditation, threat analysis, cryptography and information technology assessment within agreed time frames and budgets.
Cyber Security Consultants in our ITS Team have the opportunity to share their expertise in developing others and also influence the development of our Cyber Resilience Policy to improve the way DE&S manages this key Strategic Risk.
* In this role you will act as an independent security expert with experience in techniques to provide expert advice, solve complex technical problems and identify application risks.
* You will support the mitigation of the strategic Cyber risk by engaging with various clients across the business, capturing requirements and translating them into an agreed set of deliverables/outputs such as acceptance plans, performance criteria and draft specifications.
* You will have familiarity of security artefacts, e.g. Risk Management and Accreditation Document Set (RMADS), Security Management plans, Data Privacy assessments and Crypto Management.
* You will be empowered to build strong working relationships across all areas of the business, as well as interfacing with authorities like the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC). In addition you will influence stakeholders and therefore you will have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
Please note, due to the nature of work, this post is open to Sole UK nationals only
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will have demonstrable consultancy experience
* You will hold a min Level 4 qualification (e.g. HNC or Foundation Degree) in Engineering/Science qualification with the ability to join a relevant professional institute (i.e. CIISP or BCS) OR suitable and relevant experience
* You will have security/information assurance experience & knowledge
* You will demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects and deliver to agreed expectations
* You will demonstrate the ability to prioritise and manage risk
* Ability to communicate at senior leadership level and evidence leadership and management experience
It would benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Knowledge of defence equipment & systems
* Knowledge and application of ICT/security/defence standards e.g. JSP/NIST/ISO27001 etc
* Information risk management experience
* Knowledge of evolving digital technology/applications e.g. AI/digital twins/quantum computing etc
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Risk Management
* Technical Decision Making
* Managing a quality service
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.