- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Maritime Engineer x 2
£28,050 - £33,000
per annum (plus benefits). Salary listed is pro rata. Internal candidates/existing civil servants should refer to the Further Information document for salary details.
MOD - Defence Equipment & Support - Engineering
Type of role
Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time
Number of posts
HMNB Portsmouth, Victory Gate, HM Naval Base, Portsmouth, PO1 3LJ
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces to deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
Would you be interested in the opportunity to work on military platforms and systems? Are you an experienced Engineer with a desire to support our defence capability? We have exciting opportunities for two Maritime Engineers to join our Naval Ships Support Waterfront team, here in Portsmouth. You will provide support to a variety of platforms in the Royal Navy, facilitating the delivery of some of the biggest defence programmes in the UK today!
Our Waterfront team enables the delivery of our equipment and support by providing specialist expertise across the following disciplines: aviation; husbandry; ordnance, munitions and explosives; and systems engineering and integration. We are keen to support you in continuing your professional development, with training provided, where required, in support of the above disciplines.
Whilst primarily based in Portsmouth, you will be required to support meetings at Abbey Wood, Bristol. Furthermore, you may be required to provide support to Devonport Waterfront team and Forward Based Ships, with occasional travel to site required.
As a Maritime Engineer, you will support management in identifying, formulating and solving engineering, science or technological problems. Using strong verbal and written communication skills, you will work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels, and support meetings and manage planning activities in accordance with the schedule.
Other responsibilities of these posts will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Working as part of the Waterfront team, providing support across platforms and engineering disciplines in line with the common support model and new support contract
* Supporting collaborative working practices with key stakeholders in DE&S, industry and our client (the Royal Navy), ensuring that everyone is working in alignment to the contract
* Providing assurance that industry is fulfilling their engineering contract obligations
* Providing feedback on opportunities to improve at Waterfront, to inform changes to policy and guidance information related to the common support model and more specifically, the design management arrangements
* Liaising with the Defence Quality Audit team and instigate audits, where required
* Producing survey reports/advice covering magazine inspections, flight deck surveys, paint scheme inspections and habitability surveys
* Maintaining the database of platform Material State, utilising survey data
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the EUSS
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals