- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Quality Assurance Manager
Are you a quality assurance professional looking for a motivating, challenging and exciting role supporting the UK's Defence programme?
Are you a quality assurance professional looking for a motivating, challenging and exciting role supporting the UK's Defence programme? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Defence Quality Assurance Field Force (DQA-FF) here at DE&S. This dynamic role offers stability and fantastic career progression, with access to world-class training and development.
Growing your career in Quality Assurance with DE&S, you will facilitate the delivery of some of the biggest defence programmes in the UK today. The Defence Quality Assurance Field Force (DQA-FF) is the primary organisation within MOD for the delivery of Government Quality Assurance Surveillance (GQAS) during all phases of defence capability acquisition!
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will be appointed as a Section Leader and will be entrusted to lead a team of 4 Quality Engineers who are deployed across London and the Home Counties, south and west of London, including Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire. You will support the ongoing development of management systems, in terms of policy, process, and procedural development and play a key part in various assurance activities in accordance with MOD quality policy.
We are keen to support you in achieving practitioner status as a quality professional, and continuing your professional development within the sector. Through an in-depth and structured learning programme, you will be supported in achieving a MOD Practitioner Licence and Practitioner status with the Chartered Quality Institute.
The post will include duty travel within the UK with occasional overnight stays.
Due to the location of this role, there is an Inner London Weighting Allowance of £3000.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
* Conducting QA surveillance on a variety of nuclear, aircraft, marine, battlefield and land based systems primarily at defence suppliers in the west of London and Home Counties including, Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Middlesex, Sussex as well as surveillance at other suppliers in the geographic area. Occasional support to the wider region and national locations may also be required
* Managing and leading a team of 4 engineers and be responsible for their deployment at defence supply chain across London and the Home counties
* Undertaking flight authorisation certification duties in accordance with Defcon 638, Def Stan 05-100 and defence policy and processes
* Communicating with all interested parties, assessing quality performance of suppliers and their ability to meet contractual deliverables
* Managing of your own customer based Government Quality Assurance portfolio while assisting in the delivery of the regional demand and improvement initiatives
* Providing confidence to the acquirer that contractual requirements related to quality are performed effectively
* Managing multiple customer demands, establish priorities, verify delivery and ensure records are maintained
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Hold a relevant Level 4 qualification (or higher) or demonstrate equivalent experience in an Engineering or science discipline
* Demonstrate applied knowledge of Quality Assurance within the engineering acquisition environment supported by expertise in multiple QA specialist areas including Configuration Management
* Have a breadth of industry/manufacturing and Quality Assurance experience gained from involvement with multiple projects and domains including supply chain engagement
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.