- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Junior Project Risk Manager
The Project Delivery function tracks and delivers some of the most complex and exciting projects in UK defence, offering fantastic variety with the support to shape and grow your career.
Are you a Junior Project Risk Manager looking for an exciting new opportunity within Defence? Do you want a role working on once-in-a-lifetime projects with ample opportunity for career progression? This could be the perfect position for you!
Project Controls activities, within the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), work together with the Project teams, driving delivery and ensuring information is provided at the right time. This is to ensure decisions are informed and projects are successfully delivered. Driving risk management, you will play a vital role in ensuring the successful delivery of our work. In joining the SDA, you are joining the force behind the UK Armed Forces, with unparalleled career opportunities throughout the UK and beyond, and will be fully supported in your development and in attaining the APM Project Risk Management qualification.
This is a varied and challenging profession which could see you working on a diverse and exciting range of assignments, covering various complex projects and be involved in supporting the launch of our latest submarines.
This could be the ideal career for you, providing a rare opportunity to develop your skills and experience of leadership and delivering successful outcomes in a varied environment working on one-of-a-kind projects critical to UK Defence.
Due to security requirements, some of these posts is Reserved for Sole UK Nationals.
Your responsibilities as a Project Risk Manager, will include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate risk workshops on low complexity and low risk projects to identify and manage specific project related threats, opportunities, and issues.
- Manage risk tool entries ensuring data is up to date in accordance with agreed trigger points and mitigation action plans.
- Provide risk management support, including reporting for Business Assurance to Initial and Main Gate approvals, and as required under Submarine Acquisition Support Plans (SASP).
- Support the evaluation of programme cost and schedule uncertainty to determine risk, producing analysis reports to detail outputs.
- Write and maintain the Risk Management Plan for low complexity and low risk projects.
- Communicate key project threat and opportunity management data to key members of the project, programme, and SDA leadership.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Experience of risk analysis/management in a project environment
* Experience analysing and communicating key project threats and opportunity data
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Experience with ARM or similar tools
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Project Risk
* Stakeholder Management
* Communicating and influencing
* Delivering at pace