- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Battery and Power Expert
Are you fascinated by cutting edge technology and excited by the opportunity to work first hand with on military platforms and systems?
DE&S has an exciting opportunity for a Battery and Power expert to join the team, providing on-going Electrical/Electro-chemical Power Sources and Systems (EEPSS) technical support activities to the MOD. Sitting within the Power team, you will be a focal point for technical expertise, policy, guidance and support related to EPSS, enabling coherence for the optimization of power source selection and use to promote operational effectiveness and economic efficiency.
As an innovative and motivated Subject Matter Expert, you will directly influence and support new technologies to reduce carbon footprint whilst maintaining front line command. Your role will involve periodic visits to manufacturers and suppliers across the UK; using your technical expertise in battery (primary and secondary) technology, safety and chemistry to provide technical guidance and commercial management.
Responsibilities for Battery and Power Expert
The responsibilities of these posts will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Produce policy related to batteries, which will support Front Line Command for project technical assurance
* Support user and delivery teams in service operational needs, including:
o Fault investigations
o Procurement and introduction of batteries
o Maintenance and repair regimes
* Qualification and development of future/emergent portable power technologies
* Coordination of standards/specifications management via DE&S standards management tool and interface with Def-Stan.
* Routine support to procurement activities, including product benchmarking, supplier quasi quality assurance and industry liaison
* Coordination of generation of new specifications
* Development and assistance to policy management
* Support to technical and commercial management of technical support contractor
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will hold a relevant Level 4 (or higher) qualification, coupled with experience of or an interest in battery technology and power supply
* You will hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status, or have equivalent experience supported by education, training and/or professional practice
* You will have experience of leading the delivery of successful engineering outcomes
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Requirements, Evaluation & Acceptance
* Technical Risk Management
* Changing and improving
* Communicating and influencing
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking: https://des.mod.uk/on-boarding/
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee's ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
Cutting-edge engineering and science is a critical component in delivering modern, battle-winning technologies to all branches of the armed forces. Engineering is the largest business area within DE&S - and it's one of the most fulfilling too. From managing technical risks, engineering resources and services, to defining and assuring best practice, our engineers are exemplars both within DE&S and our industry partners and professional bodies.
Please click the link below to apply for Battery and Power Expert by creating an account and uploading your details.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.