- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Quality Assurance Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Manager to work within our In-service submarines team at HMNB Devonport. This exciting role offers stability and fantastic career progression, with access to world-class training.
Within the ISM team, you will oversee the development and implementation of the necessary assurance strategies, in order to promote quality culture and assure quality and safety at Devonport. Working across all submarine programmes, you will lead a team and provide support and advice on QA improvement interventions, and ensure proper engagement with selected submarine programme suppliers. You will develop and deliver Quality Management through governance, assurance and improvement to ISO 9001:2015 requirements and MOD mandated policy.
This is a complex and exciting position and we are keen to support you and continuing your professional development within the sector.
Please be advised that due to the nature of security, this post is reserved for sole UK Nationals only.
The responsibilities of these posts will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Develop and implement necessary assurance strategies for QA on behalf of ISM, including safety critical and nuclear
* Support the evaluation of risks, including platform, nuclear safety and security related, and develop appropriate quality mitigation actions
* Plan, direct and lead audits, inspections, investigations and peer reviews of supplier organisations and internal, in accordance with the ISM audit plan
* Provide advice on the integrity and acceptability of QA and deliverables of all classes of in-service submarines
* Liaise with stakeholders on matters relating to nuclear and non-nuclear quality and safety, their assurance and other relevant initiatives and regulation
* Use appropriate methods to assess supplier capability and performance and to identify and analyse quality-related risk, failure and non-conformance
* Coach and develop the team and team members and offer advice and guidance when needed
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application, you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will have applied knowledge of QA within the acquisition environment supported by expertise in multiple QA specialist areas including Configuration Management
* You will have a relevant Level 4 qualification (or higher) or equivalent experience
* You will have demonstrable industry/manufacturing and QA experience gained from involvement with multiple projects and domains including supply chain engagement
It would benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* You will have experience managing a team
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Acquisition Assurance - Practitioner
* Quality Leadership - Practitioner
* Communicating and influencing
* Changing and improving
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
Simply click on the apply button to create an account and upload your CV. Your application will go through several stages of assessment which are outlined below:
1. Pre-sift - We will check that you meet any essential or eligibility criteria that are listed in the responsibilities section of this advert.
2. Sift - Applicants' CVs are assessed against the following categories, using a simple numerical scoring system:
* Key Achievements * Relevant Experience * Applied Knowledge and Skills
For additional guidance on writing a CV for DE&S, please click here
3. Interview - Applicants will be assessed against the Sift categories listed above, as well as the technical competencies and behaviours listed in the responsibilities section of this advert. More details about our DE&S Behaviours which can be found attached at the bottom of the page.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Open to UK nationals only.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.