Find your future role
Electrical Maintenance Technician
Electrical Production Maintenance Technician required near Southampton
Key skills required for this role
Manufacturing, Engineering, Maintenance, Electrical, PLC,
Manufacturing, Engineering, Maintenance, Electrical, PLC
Our client, who are a market leading manufacturer, are recruiting for Electrical Maintenance Technicians to join their organisation which brings power and communications to the world. Making innovation a cornerstone of their work, and R&D a constant investment, they offer cable systems for power transmission for both land and submarine connections.
Diagnosing, fault finding and repair of Medium/Heavy industrial plant and machinery.
- Completing preventative maintenance checks and inspections.
- Developing and implementing modifications to improve reliability of plant and machinery.
- Working as a team with maintenance and manufacturing colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Working to a 2-shift pattern with necessary overtime to cover holidays.
- Adherence to Health & Safety with absolute priority.
The chosen individual will have ideally completed a recognised, certificated industrial apprenticeship in Electrical Maintenance or an equivalent NVQ Level 3/BTEC/HNC in addition to significant experience in an electrical industrial maintenance field.
Other Qualifications/Experience desired includes:
- PLC, Instrumentation and Electronic drives experience.
- Using software to interface or diagnose faults on plant and machinery.
- Maintenance background on AC and DC motors.
- Risk assessment and safety awareness.
- Machine and Plant lock off procedures.
- Ability to read machine and plant drawings.
Hours: (Weekly rotating)
6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm (Monday to Friday)
Remuneration package includes:
* Competitive basic salary + shift enhancement
* 25 days holiday per annum + Bank holidays
* Access to a defined contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance