Find your future role
Operations Manager- Jointing
We need an Operations manager to coordinate and manage our team of experienced and highly skilled Cable Technicians all over the UK who work in Jointing and associated works on the High Voltage cables
Key skills required for this role
Manufacturing, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer, LEAN, Continuous Improvement,HVAC, Jointing, operations
Have you led a Remote team of over 20 Engineers before???
From countries, to cities, to homes. On land and under the seas our client is the industry leader bringing power and communications to the world. As the demand for both continues to soar and industries move steadily towards more renewable and sustainable energy sources, Transmission System Operators (TSOs) are increasingly engaged in developing, extending and upgrading their power grids.
We're the strategic partners for our TSO customers, supporting the development and production of transmission grids, and helping to facilitate the bulk movement of electrical energy from the site of generation to electrical substations. Making innovation a cornerstone of our work, and R&D a constant investment, we offer both HVAC and HVDC cable systems for power transmission for both land and submarine connections.
Within our UK High Voltage business our team of experienced and highly skilled Cable Technicians (Cable Jointers and Fluid Technicians) are deployed to undertake Jointing and associated works on the High Voltage cables systems that form a significant component of the UK's energy grid.
Reporting the Operations Manager for the High Voltage business we are currently looking to recruit a Jointing Operations Manager, who will lead and develop our team of highly skilled Cable Technicians.
Key accountabilities of this role will be to;
- Oversee and ensure good, safe working practice and the application of technical best practice.
- Lead the team of Cable Technicians to ensure that projects (both major projects and maintenance) are delivered within programme and scope.
- Ensure the effective allocation of jointing resources to projects, maintenance works, Cable Accessories and the HV Laboratories.
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of managing the Cable Technician team from identifying training needs, ensuring effective career progression through to managing absence control and disciplinary processes.
- Attend project sites in the event of jointing problems and co-ordinate the attendance of appropriate technical specialists to identifying the causes of problems and lead the development of corrective solutions.
- Prepare tooling lists for each project, working with the Logistics Manager, Sales Office and Cable Accessories.
- Work with the Operations Manager and HR Manager to provide innovation and continuous improvements in jointing processes and working practices
- Represent the UK jointing function at meetings with customers, consultants and affiliates in the UK and overseas.
- Assume a lead role in all discussions with the relevant Trade Union relating to terms and conditions of employment.
You will have a proven track record of managing a team of skilled workers, preferably having previously managed a remote workforce. Previous experience of working within a site-based environment, or equivalent, is essential.
Whilst ideally you would have previous experience working within the High Voltage industry, for example as an HV Jointer or in a supervisory position, but this is an area within which we can provide extensive training and development.
YOu will live near to Bishopstoke, Eastleigh Head office but this is a hybrid role.