Find your future role
|£45,000 - £55,000/annum
An exciting Project Management opportunity with a national ship infrastructure repair and manufacturing company.
Key skills required for this role
You will be joining a busy project team in Plymouth working on multiple marine infrastructure projects.
This role offers a diverse workload in an interesting environment with opportunities for training. Whilst marine experience would be ideal, candidates coming from other sectors such as marine civils or construction would be welcomed.
Purpose of Job:
The Project Manager is responsible for co-ordinating and supervising projects and the work of production staff, ensuring that all work is delivered safely on time and within budget along with managing equipment and materials required. This involves ensuring all Company and legal regulations are implemented, that all required documentation is completed as necessary and recording daily work on site.
- Manage marine infrastructure projects as directed, including supervising and monitoring the work undertaken by production staff and subcontractors, ensuring the required quality and safety standards are met whilst ensuring good time keeping and conduct of staff.
- To prepare project plans and monitor performance, including all worked hours, materials, consumables, equipment, and subcontracted work quoted on a project in order to complete the project on time and on budget.
- Conduct regular progress reporting on the completion of projects to the senior management, especially if there is a problem which may have an impact on the cost or completion of the project.
- To monitor levels of, and carry out the purchasing of consumables, plant and materials to support projects to ensure continuity of delivery without associated delay.
- Making sure that all the aims and objectives of the project are met, as well as keeping in regular communication with the customer ensuring that their needs and expectations are met.
- Ensure standards of good housekeeping and organisation are achieved in all work areas at on site locations.
- To travel to sites/customers to survey work and assist in the quotation process of any project deemed as required.
- To ensure projects have the relevant SHE and quality documentation prepared and implemented before working starts, and that these are read and understood by the team and safe working procedures are applied to all projects.
- To ensure that any required lifetime quality records (LTQR's) are completed, retained and collated to form quality packs upon project completion.
- In addition to the responsibilities listed above, all employees must be flexible in their approach and undertake other duties that are commensurate with the post holder's level, wherever they may be, to achieve the objectives of the Company.
- Good communication skills including spoken and written English and must be able to communicate sensitively, politely and clearly with staff, managers and suppliers.
- Minimum of five years projects experience in the marine or civil engineering industry.
- Be prepared to travel as required for the overall gain of the business.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Must have good demonstrable organisational skills.
- Must be able to interpret technical drawings, schematic parts manuals and diagrams and associated technical data & specifications.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and be able to motivate staff.
- Must have ability to gain BPSS, confined space training, SMSTS, CSCS
Will be discussed on application, dependant on experience